Inspiring bargain buys :)



Doesn't that sight just make you want to create something beautiful? As most of you know I love charity shops, I love searching out the wee gems and I love knowing what you're buying is doing good not harm to our world. A big factor though, lets be honest is the money saving opportunities! 

I'd been thinking I needed some good fabric scissors for a while and this pair was 50p, super sharp and will last forever because they are made so well (unlike the £16 plastic handled ones I saw in the haberdashery...) The spools of cotton were 5p each (I got 10) and the wool which I'll be using to refine my new found embroidering skills was £1.99, I'm so chuffed and will definitely be heading up to my craft room tomorrow to have a good sort out and do some of the crafty projects I've been meaning to get around to :)

I also managed to bag myself ANOTHER jamie oliver book! One of his new '30 min meals' books for £1.99 (RRP £26) So all in all it was an awesome and inexpensive trip to town. 

Don't you love it when inspiration comes along? 

8 comments:

  1. Great finds Astra, love the scissors, i wish i had one of those bought two pairs of fabric scissors on Thursday and they dont even work so they will be making their way back to the shop. Hope you will be sharing all your wonderful makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, thats a shame about your scissors, the new styles just can't stand up to the older ones hey? I'm really lucky I spotted these ones! I'll be sharing my creative endeavors with you all of course. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Astra - and welcome back to my blog - I was sure I had joined yours too, but have been having some problems with the blog thing - it deleted all the blogs I was following the other night. Great finds and I adore the scissors - old is often so much better xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you back too :) silly blogger... I really love those scissors, you wouldnt believe how sharp they are too!

      Delete
  3. Found your blog this morning . Planned a meal from said book last night - not looked. At it in ages before that - funny when things happen like that! I ran a pre school for many years but am now the owner of 5 Day Nurseries and 2 pre schools . Enjoying reading old posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks for commenting, I actually haven't cooked anything from it yet! shocking i know! It gives me inspiration just to flick thru though :)

      Wow im sure you are a very busy woman with all those businesses, I was reading your blog and I hope you achieve more of that balance you were after this year x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it's really appreciated and I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...